Look of Love by CBA

 

Firstly what is this dumb invention of the Anglish Bing? My new Anglish Komputer constantly uses this shitheap to find me things to listen to on the internet. I am trapped in this Haus and Bing is making it Bad. Bitte please tell me how to be rid of this lame shit idiot of a thing.

This frustration may colour my recollection of The Love of Look. This was once of the first songs I ever reviewed, when Dark Strudel was a xeroxed fanxine with eleven readers at my High School. I had to write some good reviews of songs that people had heard of to secure the means of an audience and this review raised my circulation from four to eleven, the single greatest day-on-day increase in terms of percentage of my career. I no longer care for statistics to measure the quality of work. Work has a quality of its own. Popularity is no indication of success.

That is probably not what the record company of ABC thought. They expected a mainstream chart hit and instead were given this edgy post-new-wave trip hop fantasy. If you look with the greatest analytical care you can find glorious hooks but they are hidden under the layers of driving bass and Mark E Smith's illusory lyrics. For this reason it must stand as an absolute classic.

Comments