The Battle for Relevance: Lilli K Englehardt


Chasing Dreams - Vasi Vallis Remix - song by Lilli K. Engelhardt | Spotify

Friends. I am at a low ebb. I have had a difficult hour with my agent and am told that I am irrelevant and have no understanding of the marketplace in which I work.

I have undertaken to write about ten artists that are "Relevant and Fresh" rather than rake the coals of old dreams and charred destiny. So be it. I refused to join the frenzy of social media, but I have agreed to be interviewed by DJ Dirty Boy on his new radio show next week. I shall try to namecheck people that have not been dead and buried for more than five years.

Such is relevance. I write a chronicle. I see that now.

In any case, this is modern, relevant and pleasant. Lilli has a pleasing, clear voice and things to say. The production is digital, which I dislike, but it is well structured and everything can be cleanly heard. Clean. Relevant. Clean.

I have no words to give. I did like this song. If you must listen to something mainstream and engaging, listen to this.


Comments