Always Hard to Look At. Jethro Tull, Aqualung


So tonight I forget relevance. I defy my manager. One of my only friends could go to prison and the walls are closing in. So I seek on the internet for splinters to slide under my skin.

Jethro Tull is a splinter. Are? Is it a he or a they? I doubt anyone cares apart from his/their mothers. In the comments for this video someone defends the man as not being high. Ha. He is as stoned as a pigeon fast tracked on sherbet.

Jethro Tull made an iconic contribution to music with a single sample.

There, that is it. The rest is promise and neglect. Neglect and promise. A cosy self-appreciation and an idle adulation; I watch this video again and again. I will tape my eyelids open if I have to because in my hatred of this inexcusable shit music I feel as alive as I felt when I first saw good music and recognised the difference.

Boys at my school wrote Jethro Tull on the back of their denim jackets in black marker pen. Fucking idiots and bullies. I doubt they watched this.

Fuck them. Fuck them all.

As one of my few remaining friends on this earth said to me when discussing Jethro Tull "Always Hard to Look At."

Comments