Drac Hammond: Maybes

 

I find Australians hard to understand. I am currently living in a sheltered environment and one of the carers is Australian I find her hard to understand. Kind but complex.

Drac Hammond is Australian and I find him, them, it, hard to understand. But that is my problem, what about the music?

Well the red flags first.

  • He is wearing braces. That is a red flag.
  • He is wearing them over his t-shirt. That is a red flag.
  • His haircut. Is a red flag.
  • He mentions Barcelona in the initial lyrical spasm. The first words of a song matter. They sell you the rest of the song. I like Barcelona, but I don't need singers to bathe themselves in its reflected glory. That is a red flag.
  • He has an indie look. His band doesn't. Red flag. They seem to like the music they are playing. That isn't a red flag to be clear. 
So now you expect me to say "despite all these red flags I like the song."

No it leaves me cold. I feel like a fish on the stone slab waiting for the inexperienced fishmonger to gut me with a blunt inexpert knife while I listen to this. My eyes go cold and lifeless and I struggle to breathe. I know it can only get worse, and suffocating on this cold slab is actually the best I will ever feel again.

What I am trying to express with metaphors is do not waste time on this. 


Comments