Seven Nation Army, the best version ever

 



Ted Pepper loves to annoy me. His latest gambit whilst dropping crumbs of Double Gloucester into my carpet is to ask me which is the best version of Seven Nation Army? I trawled the internet and I analysed. 

It is after all what I do. The days hang heavy in this paradise of earth. I dig. I listen. I annotate. I found the best two versions, one of which is the original with it's awful overblown video which mimics a wet dream dance between U2 and Coldplay, the other a community celebration of the sliding rock scale of legend. Thousands of joyous voices pouring forth a melody in unison. Human with human.

I conclude.

This will be controversial, but the one by the Striped Whites is the best one. All you football fans out there, stop singing this song. Shut the fuck up. You will never equal the original. Community does not equal talent. Talent does not equal community. 

Comments