What Does B.A.S.H. stand for?

 

I had occasion to go to my first live gig in a long time thanks to my friends in the Nine O'Clock Nasty taking me on Saturday. The venue was the Royal Oak, only a short walk from their studio headquarters, and a £10 Uber from my residence.

I have no music from Bash, or B.A.S.H. to share with you as they have not put anything out online, but it is fair to say that they are remarkably well organised, very capable and have a tight punchy sound that is probably more pop-rock than indie.

One feature of their act, which is not something I have seen before, is that they ask fans to bring along a tambourine and play along as they dance. This worked much better than it probably sounds to you dear reader. Sydd was of course unable to resist, and rapidly took control of a fan's tambourine (leading to a progressively more and more bitter battle around the venue) to inject some of his signature off-on-beats.

Meanwhile Pete Brock, acting the part of rock-royalty that is so natural to him gave the lead guitarist the universal "turn yourself up mate" hand-signal. This has dramatic results and probably did not help matters.

It was however a fine gig by a fine band, whose cover version of "I'm a Believer" led to a stage invasion.

Comments