LULL Something In the Way

 


I like this band. I have a minor problem with the song but I have a problem with almost every band that crosses my keyboard, so that is no surprise. I had to find this song on a website that charges bands to write reviews. I am an objective journalist and I will write a fair review for free. Why do I not get more acts asking for me to feature their work? I do not know but this is not a review of the independent music industry of 2022 it is a review of Something In The Way by Lull.

I fancy I have heard the title before but there is an energy to this. Shoe gazing, grunge, call it what you will but they do it well, and if you are looking for anything in that end of the music spectrum and want new music, look here. This is more than good.

To my ear the wash of reverb gets in the way. Often, when a new artist puts something out that is not quite done, they will festoon it with reverb to correct the fault. Not so here, to my ears at least this is well-recorded, well written and has plenty of presence. The chorus nearly lands. If lifts from the excellent verses and just at the end it doesn't quite resolve in a way that would make this a... well a classic. But it is excellent and there is songwriting promise. This sounds like music written by a band, not music written for a band. I mean that as high praise. Lull, check them out.

https://soundcloud.com/agmediauk/lull-something-in-the-way-master?utm_source=clipboard&utm_campaign=wtshare&utm_medium=widget&utm_content=https%253A%252F%252Fsoundcloud.com%252Fagmediauk%252Flull-something-in-the-way-master



Comments